Saturday, April 15, 2006

Fruhe Ostern

I still have to try not to think about Van Tassel, otherwise I start feeling angry...

In other news, we are my parents' house for the Easter weekend. We came up yesterday, and went to see my aunt, uncle cousins and small second cousin to show them the wedding photos. We had a good catching up session. Hadn't spoken to my older cousin for ages, so it was goo to have a proper chat- as much as we could do with a four-year-old wanting us to play with her at the same time! I had to protect the ducks' food by knocking over the horse with a marble. Very important work.

Mr C's mum is over in the UK at the moment, so she stayed with us on Thursday night, and is now staying in Nottingham with A's sister. We went over there today and ate food and played 'Articulate', which was fun. Also played Chinese snap, which I hadn't played (or heard of) before - it's 'like normal snap with more rules'. You have to have really quick reflexes.

We're clearing out my room at the moment (not right at this moment obviously) to prepare to take the remainder of my stuff down to our house on Monday. We're leaving quite a lot behind to be sorted/kept/given away/thrown out by mum, but there is still lots of stuff (especially books) to be fitted into our small house. I think a lot of it will go in the attic. We're acquiring a new bookcase into the bargain, which is just as well as our current one is overflowing already. This evening we started sorting through all my old letters. It was interesting, but quite sad in a way. Lots of people I don't really keep in touch with any more. I should make more effort. The letters are currently kept in a cardboard sheep, which I would like to keep, but not sure where. I am optimistically thinking he could go in the spare room, but not sure how realistic that is. We're going to move the desk from the bedroom into the spare room, swapping it with the chest of drawers, in an effort to make the bedroom more bedroomy and the spare room more officey. We'll have to see how it goes and how well things fit in.

No comments: