Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Another nupital event

On Saturday we went to the wedding of yet another of my Uni friends. This time the wedding was held in Bangor, Gwynedd (as opposed to N Ireland). It was a really lovely service. Saw lots of old friends, which is always good. I hadn't seen some of them for about 5 years! No one has really changed very much, which is not really a surprise! Everyone seems to be doing ok. The good thing is that we can pick up where we left off, even though we haven't seen one another for a while. I was reminded how much I love certain people and why this is so.

We had a twmpath/ceilidh/barn dance in the evening, which was fun. I was a bit reluctant to dance, especially as I had on shoes that were too big for me and thought they might fall off. However, the shoes stayed on and I was glad I danced.

It was good to see the old place again - memories on every corner though - good mainly, a few poignant ones as well. It felt like going home really - I was quite sad on Sunday when we left.

The town centre of Bangor is not particularly pretty, apart from the cathedral area, but the surrounding area more than makes up for it. Some beautiful countryside, mountain (it's really near Snowdonia) and sea views. Will try to post some pictures at some point. Meanwhile, you can link to the University website here.

No comments: