Monday, May 01, 2006

Bank Holiday weekend

I've spent my weekend in the following ways:
  • Watching series 1 of 24 (currently on 9.00am)
  • Being at work (Saturday morning)
  • Going to church (Sunday morning)
  • Having people for lunch (not literally, Sunday afternoon)
  • Having friend from uni plus husband to stay (Sunday afternoon and night, Monday morning)
Previously on 24

Mother-in-law came to stay again last week. She's been travelling around the UK. Her main reason for coming over was to see her dad on his 80th birthday, as a surprise. This was accomplished, and she then went to see all of her children, who are scattered all over the UK. A's younger brother is in Glasgow, his sister is in Nottingham, and we're in Kent, so we couldn't have tried much harder to live further away from each other!

A has gone to Wiltshire to do a 26 mile walk, which he actually did yesterday. He's coming back later today. It was quite nice to have some visitors, as otherwise I would have been on my own the whole weekend...apart from the company of Jack Bauer, family and associates. I don't know whether I'll finish the series before tomorrow. I borrowed the DVD from the library (work) and I've already renewed it a few times - this is the first time I've got round to watching it at all!

I'm still trying to get a mentor for Chartership. At the moment I'm re-writing my CV so that I can send it to my mentor with the mentee registration form. I thought it might help the potential mentor get more of an idea about my background etc. I'll try and send the email tomorrow.

No comments: