Sunday, August 20, 2006

Procrastination

Well, here I am again. It's Monday lunchtime. I'm half on lunch and half being a desk back-up person and I'm in the office. During my lunch hour I've done the following:

  • Eaten my sandwiches and a chocolate bar.
  • Booked my driving test. (After trying several times online and being forced to give up due to the computer not being able to cope with the fact that I've changed my name.)
  • At a colleague's request, looked at a cheque without a cheque guarantee card number on the back, and then put it back in the till anyway.
  • Sorted the post.
I'm trying to avoid (re)writing my Personal Development Plan for my chartership programme. I have already written it once, but Mrs Mentor says it's too detailed and full of irrelevant things. Even though I know she's right I just can't face writing the wretched thing for a second time. I went a bit too much to town on the last one, and put in everything I could possibly think of to do to develop myself professionally, and it was 11 pages long, so I do see Mrs Mentor's point. It's just fiddly and annoying to have to go through it all again and pick out what to leave in, what to change, add etc, especially as I'm having a sort of 'not bothered' period regarding chartership at the moment. Very Bad Librarian, I know.

Lacking in motivation.

Perhaps I'll just sit down tonight and do it in one fell swoop.

It just thundered very loudly.

Three days later...I have now re-written it.

No comments: