Thursday, October 20, 2005

Chocolate teapot

Work was stressful today. I was in a meeting when a lady came to see me about paying her fines off (I think). To cut a long story short, I wasn't there and she got cross, insulted one of my colleagues, swore at another and insulted some students who were in the queue. I had to send an incident report to the BB.

Also at work, miscommunications/lack of communication abounded (if a lack of something can abound), with me the one looking ignorant at the end of the line. The big boss is away, and I have several things to talk to him about, the above woman being one of them. Anyway, hopefully tomorrow will be better.

It does help to get things outside of oneself and put thoughts on paper...and the library cartoons help somehow. I am so fortunate that my colleagues are so good and often have the ability to turn a bad situation into a funny one. My office is full of comedy geniuses. I will try to share some of their output sometime!

No comments: