Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Train from Greenwich

The cleaner at Mr C's work is hording bogroll and bleach. There are now 30-40 large packets stored in the [building], in various locations. He uses the bleach for cleaning the floors, sinks, the tops of the desks, the coffee mugs, the kettle and the inside of the drinking water tank. He asks all the new people for their birthdays, and uses them as his lottery numbers for the week. Mr C and colleague were just unlucky, but [a previous female employee], because her birthday numbers came up a week before, and not the week he put them in, the cleaner decided was a witch.

We are now on way back at Bromley South but the train just thought it was Dover Priory. It has now come to its senses. We saw a mouse on the underground today - on the track bed. It felt the vibrations of the approaching train and ran to the side of the tracks - he must have had a little hole there.

We met parents after eating at Subway. Vege Delite. We went to the museum for tea (cup of) - mum and I had tea, men went to Nelson and Napoleon exhibition, then had tea (and cake - walnut and banana). Then mum and I went to the induction service. It is a lovely church - Hawkesmore. Large chandelier - now lit with electric 'candles'. Excellent choir - it was worth going just to hear them sing. Quite a long service - communion + loads of people. Went to pie shop afterwards. Men had pottered about while we were at church. Had veg pie and mash. D paid £7.00 for four meals (2 x double p&m, 2 x v p&m) - so either v cheap (even cheaper than usual) today or they didn't charge him enough. Could have been right as the meals are really cheap there. Compare to £8.00 for 2 subs and a drink in Subway!

We have just gone through St Mary Cray.

We watched the doc about Elizabeth I on TV on Fri(?) night. Good, esp costumes and background - Elizabethan London backdrop etc.

I am going to try to play my flute this week, to see if it helps me de-stress. I will buy a music stand from the music shop near work. I must also pay £50 into my new bank account, otherwise they might close it. I've got some Diet Coke in a can, which I've not had for a long time. I love the Tube map. I could look at it for ages. I love the layout, and the names of all the stations - they (many of them) hint at the history of their particular corner of London. A great book to write would be a history of London using the Tube map, but it's probably already been done.If I ever feel I have the time (feeling I don't have the time is not the same as not having the time) I will investigate.

No comments: