Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Hello Tuesday!

Tuesday! Today was quite good. Lots of amusement in the office. I am going to get more responsibility now Boss has got a promotion - not sure if I will get the pay rise to go with it though. Hmm. Well, you never know. I always seem to write my blog on a Tuesday night. I wonder why that is. The TV is really loud. Maybe it's just the adverts.
And now it's the news. Apparantly it is bad syntax to start a sentence with 'and'. I am not so sure.

Had driving lesson today. It was ok, although I stalled in the middle of a roundabout, which was a bit dangerous! Did a good reverse round a corner though. I actually prefer the manouveres to driving around, which I believe is unusual.

Annual check up at the hospital for heart on Friday. Not sure what doctor will say as I couldn't do the MRI scan.

You know what? Sometimes I think about stuff that is happening in the world and for a moment I think it was a bad dream, but then I realise it is reality. For example, terrorism, Iraq etc. I always thought the 'good' side would win, but my own country isn't doing the right thing, and we are not safe anymore. I'm not really very old, but the world has changed so much since I was a child, even since I was at University. Such a different world now. Shame we didn't realise how fortunate we were then.

Does anyone know the song 'The night I heard Caruso sing'? One line says 'I thought of having children but I've gone and changed my mind'. (See below). That's how I feel 99% of the time. I don't think it is a good idea to bring children into this world. Maybe things will get better though. We will see.

"The highlands and the lowlands are the routes my father knows,the holidays
at Oban and the towns around Montrose,but even as he sleeps, they're loading
bombs into the hills,and the waters in the lochs can run deep, but never still.

I've thought of having children, but I've gone and changed my mind.It's
hard enough to watch the news, let alone explain it to a child,to cast your eye
cross nature, over fields of rape and corn,and tell him without flinching not to
fear where he's been born.

Then someone sat me down last night, and I heard Caruso sing.He's
almost as good as Presley, and if I only do one thing,I'll sing songs to my
father, I'll sing songs to my child.It's time to hold your loved ones while the
chains are loose,and the world runs wild.

But even as we speak, they're loading bombs onto a white train.How can
we afford to ever sleep, so sound again."



It's a beautiful song. Apparantly it is on the album Idlewild (the album by Everything But The Girl, not the band Idlewild)

I'm sorry this post is so negative. Maybe it's cos I watch the news whilst I write!

No comments: