Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Wedding stuff

Hello, today I have actually done some wedding-related stuff. This is quite a relief as I/we hadn't done much for a while, and parents are getting twitchy. So today I phoned the photographer (not in but will ring back), took some people off the guest list (sorry guys) and we decided on favours for guests. At least a few things done. Also yesterday booked appointment at dress shop to look at bridesmaids' dresses with H, and will ask mum to make an appointment at the florists for a couple of weeks' time. Will be phoning her tonight.

Need to get in touch with person making the invitations. They are supposed to go out at the end of October, and I would like to see an example of one before she sends them. The person making them is a friend from Uni who is good at that sort of thing, as well as being reliable.

Things still to do/book:
- Photographer (will hopefully be done tomorrow)
- Flowers
- Cake
- Send invites
- Place cards
- Honeymoon hotel
- Evening meal booking (half-done)...

I phoned the potential restaurant last night to make a booking, but the wedding is not til Feb, and they said they don't take bookings so far in advance, so they have pencilled us in. I have to ring back to check next week, after the guy has had a word with his boss to check it's ok. We will be 17-20 people, so it is quite a few for them to fit in. Wouldn't have tried to book so early, but Dad thought we should. Poor Dad, I think he is worrying about quite a few things to do with the wedding at the moment - hence we are trying to get some stuff done to appease him and reduce his worry-load.

Anyway, in other news, my boss has got a new job (I may have said this before), and she will not be operating in our department at all for the next couple of months while she gets settled into her new role, and sorts stuff out. As a result, her jobs have been divided up between different people, and so far I am going to be looking after her people with 'comments' aka complaints, problems etc. These include mainly people who haven't paid their fines and have found various reasons why they think we should waive them (much like the aforementioned member of staff). So, could be fun! By the end of the 2 months the powers that be should have some more idea of how the plan is going to do, what roles people will be taking on etc., so then I will have more of an idea of what I will be doing on a more permanent basis. Also, I may have a new boss, if they replace the old one! So, interesting times ahead!

If anyone knows where I can get personalised chopsticks could they please let me know? Thanks.
L

No comments: