Thursday, June 15, 2006

Sigh

Urgh. Today has been one of those days when people have been upset over something relatively trivial, but which has ripples of repercussion that slop out and upset people. To cut a long story short, lots of people got upset because of lack of communication. Again. I hold myself [in]directly responsible for people being cross/upset, but it is too complicated to try to explain.

I went to see the Big Boss, and was upset in his office, which is very embarrassing in hindsight, but I couldn't help it at the time. He said I made the right decision in the circumstances, and that I shouldn't have been asked to do it, but I still wish I hadn't done it.

The problem (and adding to my guilt) is that I could see the potential consequences to a certain extent. I just hoped they wouldn't happen and was trying to do the right thing at the time.

People are unhappy and we are having a meeting tomorrow, so we'll see what happens then.

I don't know what the point of writing this is. It just looks like a load of cryptic nonsense.

I hate library politics.

No comments: