Friday, June 02, 2006

Wedding report

I've realised that I didn't post about the wedding we went to on Saturday. It was in North Wales, which meant a long journey on the train. It wasn't too bad on the way up, as there was only one change in London (excluding the Underground), although we did have to stand/squat in corridor from London to Crewe, which wasn't so much fun. I bought a book at Euston though, so at least I had something to do.

Anyway, Rhyl was Rhyl-like - i.e. cold, smelly with scary people fighting on the street. Sorry to anyone who is from Rhyl, maybe I just haven't seen the nice side.

The wedding was very nice though. The usual university people reunion (but slightly different people to the ones at the last wedding, although some were the same). The service was quite unusual in that they had a really short marriage bit, and then lots of lively worship songs and even a dance performance. We had photos outside after the service, by which time the sun had come out. The reception was in the town hall, which was next door to the church, so that was handy. We had nice food and several long but entertaining speeches!

The journey back was ok, apart from a little hiccup in Birmingham. We had to go to Birmingham New Street, then change and walk to Birmingham Moor Street, which isn't very far, but we managed to get lost and I got stressed and shouted at Mr C in the street. I sometimes have these moments of rage, I'm not really sure why. I just felt it was unfair that we had got lost and decided to shout about it. I wasn't really shouting at my husband, more at the world. I am probably insane.

We made it home in the end though, but I remained upset until we went back to work on Tuesday. I didn't like having the day off on Monday, because I didn't know what to do. I ended up doing ironing and stuff though, so at least I made productive use of the day I suppose.

Anyway, here is a nice picture of Jen (the bride) with Ali and Berni at the reception. You can see the blurring on the right hand side of the photo. This was caused by me dropping the camera at a previous wedding. Oops. The man in the shop said I probably damaged the lens and the casing is buckled. The poor camera has gone away to be mended, which is going to take 4-5 weeks and probably cost about £80! Eeek! The warranty hasn't run out but I caused the damage. ) =

I also broke Bob the other day. He is a small china Boxer dog who sits on our window sill, and I knocked him off when I undrew the curtains. His leg fell off. Happily, he is now mended. Here he is, so you can see he's ok:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»