Saturday, July 22, 2006

Changing rooms

I have just looked at my profile and it says that I enjoy learning Hebrew, playing the flute and singing. I think I should change this as I haven't done any proper Hebrew learning for about a year, which is pretty bad really. It's not that I don't have the time, I'm just lazy. Playing the flute and singing are also mentioned, and, whilst it is true that I enjoy these activities I only play my flute about once a month for family service at church, and singing is restricted to Sundays at that same venue. I will change the profile, but I'm not sure what to put in instead.

That wasn't what this post was supposed to be about. It was just going to say that we performed the Great Office Move yesterday. I didn't think it went too badly, considering what could have gone wrong, although the conditions were not ideal - very hot, with a distinct lack of fans.

In other, but still work-related, news, we talked about shelving and stock management, and the potential hazards thereof. Or rather the hazards of not having enough staff or time to do either of these things sufficiently quickly or well. It's worrying, but we will have to do the best we can and see what happens, and then if it all goes awry maybe the Sharks will finally do something to help us. I realise that this may not be the best way forward but we weren't sure what else to do in the circumstances.

Yesterday, on my way in to work I had just entered the campus when I was accosted by a student who wanted to know whether I'd contacted someone about the periodical he wants the library to subscribe to. I hadn't even got to the library yet, and it was before 9.00am! Agghhhhhhh.

No comments: