Sunday, July 09, 2006

Keane: Under the Iron Sea

I like the artwork, I like the album, I like Keane. I know a lot of people don't like Keane, because they think they're boring and miserable. Mr C thinks this (at least the miserable part), but I like them. Here is my defence of Keane:

Although their songs deal with serious and sad things they also contain a kind of optimism, through the (in my opinion) great tunes, moving lyrics and beautiful singing. They're good to listen to if you're feeling like the world's a bad place, because they'll agree with you while at the same time reminding you that it's not completely awful if music like this exists.

You will probably (especially if you don't like Keane) think that I'm nuts, but they make my journey to work considerably better, at least.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't actually possess any of Keane's music, but I do remember liking what I heard from their first album. Nice piano stuff. With real tunes!